A perfectly southern addition to your afternoon tea party… you can drink hot or iced, but I prefer this Lavender Peach Tea cold for a warm summer day!
…time for flip-flops, running through lawn sprinklers, and of course… relaxing!
There's nothing quite like enjoying a warm, summer afternoon while sipping a fresh, ice-cold glass of sweet tea… at least that's how we do it here in Georgia! Crisp and Refreshing… this subtly sweet lavender peach tea is just a little bit different… sweetened with honey, it's a subtle summery blend of fruity peach, coupled with a hint of minty-floral (& medicinal!) lavender… it's sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next summer garden party or Sunday evening soirée!
Lavender Peach Tea (Iced)
Lavender Peach Iced Tea
- cooking pot or something for tea to steep in
- half-gallon mason jar (where to purchase)
- 8 cups (total) - filtered water (the water filtration system we have and love!)
- 4 tablespoons lavender florets
- 3 large or 5 small organic peaches (why organic?)
- 1/2 cup honey (here's the one we buy when we can't get our local raw, organic honey)
1. Put 4 tablespoons of lavender flowers in 4 cups of filtered water.2. Bring to a quick boil, and then immediately reduce to a very-low simmer.3. Simmer for about 10 minutes. (alternatively, you could steep with hot water and a tea filter if you like)
4. cut organic peaches into small chunks, and drop into the bottom of your half-gallon mason jar.(I left the skins on, but you could peel if you want to)5. Drizzle in 1/2 cup honey on top of peaches and let sit.
...when the lavender flowers are done steeping...
6. Allow hot lavender brew to cool slightly.7. Through a fine-mesh filter, pour slightly-hot tea into the glass mason jar on top of the peach/honey mixture.8. Allow to cool to room temperature (about an hour or two).9. You may transfer to the fridge to allow further peach-infusion, or filter out the peaches and leave remaining tea in the glass jar.10. Add in the remaining 4 cups of filtered water, and chill in the fridge before serving over ice!